photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Friday, April 9, 2010

Fabulous Room Friday 04.09.10

This library is part of an incredible mansion on the Upper East Side of Manhattan designed by Pamplemousse. For the record, the word “mansion” irks me to no end. Its use usually comes across as juvenile in my opinion, but this home is indeed a bona fide manse. The scale of the rooms throughout the home is rather impressive, as is the interior design.

This amazing library really stood out to me because it is my idea of heaven! I was just telling my husband a couple of nights ago, that I would be completely happy if every gift I received for the rest of my life was a book. They thrill me! There is no better way to travel into one’s imagination than through a book and this fabulous room is filled with them! I really like the grey-purple hue of the walls along with the variety of interesting chairs and the long table in the center of the room. The library has an eclectic look that works so well in a room like this. It isn’t formal at all, but the slight messiness of it all gives it a fabulous air of eccentricity.

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend! Don’t forget to support grassroots film-making by watching the movie CA$H if it is playing in your city this weekend!

Be sure to stop by Monday when I will be revealing a fabulous giveaway for the home.

14 comments:

Karina said...

Beautiful room! Wow..love that color!

Kathysue said...

Wow! What an amazing place to spend hours in, I can not even imagine having such a wonderful room. Thanks for sharing and have a great weekend!1 Kathysue

LindsB said...

That is a beautiful room! I would love to have an apartment large enough to have a room just dedicated to all my books!

Connie @ SogniESorrisi said...

I could totally use a room like that in my new house. I know it would make my husband happy to have all my books in one place so he's not constantly tripping over them!

Happy Friday!

Kate said...

This library is fabulous. I could totally live in there!

CoffeeShopBloggers said...

I love it! Thank you for that! I wanted to introduce you to a favorite blog of mine http://www.designtrackmind.com/. She also has a website for her interior design business based in Newton MA at www.melissagulley.com . I think you might like it because you both have fabulous taste.

Pragmatic Mom
http://pragmaticmom.com

Janell @ House of Fifty said...

What a moody space...just right for spending time with books. Janell

Embodying Fashion said...

What a wonderful room, love the lights and that color is so calming.

The Simply Luxurious Life said...

Oh, I am completely of the same mind. The only gifts need to be books. One can never get enough. They are like candy to me. As soon as I saw this room, I was smiling. Beautiful choice. Have a lovely weekend as well.

keely @ luxe + lillies said...

Fabulous it is! Those high gloss purply gray walls are mesmerizing. That room looks like something out of a little kids fantasy type movie. I'm sure the inspiration in there is endless!

Southern Aspirations said...

the lighting on the shelves is very cool.

Have a fabulous weekend!

Helena - A Diary of Lovely said...

absolutely gorgeous, love how all the books are arranged and the lamp i really stunning

M said...

For me, too: This is would be my idea of heaven -- the books, the lighting, the warmth, the design, the use of silver.
Wow. (I thought it was one of Karl Lagerfeld's homes at first; he's got something like this I believe, in addition to a huge vault of several hundred thousand volumes.)
Best,
Michael

A Casa da Vá said...

oh my...so perfect...
my dream is to have a library at home!!