photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

10 Things I Can’t Live Without: High-Heeled Foot in the Door

camila blog header

Today, the lovely Camila who writes the fun blog, High-Heeled Foot in the Door will be sharing her “10 Things List” with us. It seems we share a lot of the same vices. Magazines, baked goods, and travel? Sign me up!

I was so excited to be asked to participate in this great series. So a massive thank you to Paloma for asking me. I tend to love lots of things so I had to narrow down my picks to things that I always love and therefore can not live without.

 

stack of magazines polyvore.com 1. Magazines: I don’t know what it is about them, but I love when my monthly subscriptions come through the mailbox. I love being the absolute first one to open them and go through them page by page. There have been many fights at my house when someone has gotten to my magazine first that now everyone knows I must read them first.

levain cookies 2. Baked goods: Over the weekend I literally only ate my dinner at a restaurant, because I knew I wanted to get the apple tart for dessert. My husband’s response to this, “ Camila it’s like there is a fat little kid inside of you.” I just nodded in agreement and got the waiters attention to place my order. The saddest thing happened…they were all sold out. I was totally cranky for the rest of the night. Ah what can I say I live for dessert!

* Cookies in the image above are from Levain . If you are ever in NY you must go and get some. Amazing! Best chocolate chip cookie I have ever had. If they had been opened at 10pm that night I would have had my husband drive me over to get my fix.

 

camila blog header

3. Blogs: I don’t know what I would do without them. Not only do I love writing mine, but I read way more than I can even count.

 

iphone 4. iPhone:  I got my phone as a Christmas gift and it was love at first sight. I love checking my email all the time, or googling something when I’m out or just using it to tweet on the go and snap pictures for blog posts.

costarica 001 5. Passport: I love to travel. I’m constantly asking for trips as gifts. It’s just the best to get to go out and explore different cultures.  Our latest getaway was to Costa Rica.

camilafamilyshot 6.  My people: My family and friends are a huge support system for me. I couldn’t do what I do without them so they had to be included in this list. Maybe I should have put them ahead of baked goods? :)

sarastoryorange

7. The color orange: It’s my go-to color. I just love it. I think it’s happy and fun and could go in any room.

 

ballerina flats

8. Ballerina Flats: I know with the name of my blog you would think I was in high-heels all day long, but the sad truth is that it’s ballerina flats. They are just so easy to wear. I get to look chic yet be comfortable. Plus the pair above have a bow, which is also one of my must haves.

bamboochairsues

9. Vintage anything! I love buying pieces that have a past to them. Whether it be a piece of jewelry or an accessory for my home.  The chairs pictured above where a thrift store find and only 5 bucks a piece! I just used them in a room I redid that I’m featured on my blog this week.

sunshine

10. Sunshine: I hate those days that are grey and dreary. To me it’s much easier to get to work when I see the sun shining through my window.

22 comments:

Helena - A Diary of Lovely said...

absolutely fabulous, just like Camilla!

Christina Elaine said...

I love orange... Great post.... Thanks for sharing...


xxx
CEO

Anonymous said...

What a fun feature! I love ballet flats too. I agree with the family & the baked goods... it is best to have them together at the same time!

Erika Ward said...

Camila is such a joy! Love reading your blog and this interview. great job on your latest project,too. You rocked it!

Emily A. Clark said...

Great list from a great blogger! And, can I just say how envious I am of those green chairs? What a find.

Jessica said...

I love Camila's blog! And ballerina flats, too! Nice post.

Sarah M said...

Great list! Those cookies look divine! And I don't think I can live without ballerina flats either.. and most of this list!

Tammy@InStitches said...

Wonderful list. I'm sure your family will understand. :)

Katie @ Noodle and Boof said...

Love Camila and her blog! This is a great list! That cookie is enormous!

Bailey@ peppermintbliss said...

Camila makes me smile. So do baked goods. Which is probs why I have such a rollicking case of the FATS right now.

Anonymous said...

I love reading High-Heeled Foot in the Door. I'm so glad you featured Camila in the series! Except for the fact that I'm now craving one of those cookies and live nowhere near NY.

Lauren said...

I love both of your blogs, thanks for sharing! And I agree with Shannon, must leave desk for chocolate cookie now...

Candace said...

That cookie looks incredible!!

Alaina @ Live Creating Yourself said...

Ooo I want that cookie in my belly. And can't get enough Ballerina Flats... even with my insanely high arch.

LindsB said...

Such a great list- I feel like I have many of the same things on mine too :)

###### said...

cool read..and great blog.

Unknown said...

Totally agree with you about ballet flats and all things vintage. I collect vintage clothes as well as antiques.

Come over to my blog and read about heirloom dresses!!!
http://colorandlightatelier.blogspot.com/

KSK said...

Ditto on all it your picks! Esp number 7 - go orange!

The Brick Cottage said...

Camila--I love your list! I'm so with you on sunshine! In fact, on a particularly gray day I received a "sunshine award" (you know, one of those blog awards where you're suppose to list things you love). Well, anyway, I listed sunshine as one of my faves and included a link to your guest bedroom because it was pure sunshine for me that day! :D

Melissa O'Connor said...

Love the post! I'm the same way about my magazines. :) I also love sunshine which is why I love in Florida. The number one thing I probably couldn't live without is the beach. Ever since I was 4 I have always lived no more than 5 miles from the beach.

Averill said...

Love Camila (and her blog and this list)!

pve design said...

I have been the lucky recipient of Camila's treats, she sure knows how to make my day sweeter from her fun posts, to her cheery transformations. She is a sunny high heeled foot right in my computer every day!
pve