photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Sunday, February 24, 2008

Spanish Style: Hospes Madrid Hotel

When traveling, my husband and I usually choose to stay at boutique hotels. We find that the experience and service are much more personal and boutique hotels tend to be better designed than the big chain hotels. I will be traveling to Spain in June and came across the beautiful Hospes Madrid Hotel while researching Madrid. I am going with a teacher friend and students, so I won't be able to stay at this gorgeous boutique hotel this time around, but hope to someday. It is on my list of hotels to visit along with the Oasis in San Miguel de Allende, Mexico.

The Hospes is housed inside of a building that dates back to 1883 and is home to 41 guestrooms, including various suites, a spa and wellness center, Senzone Restaurant, a tapas bar, lounge, and a "chill out" patio. It is situated in the Plaza de la Independencia and may of its rooms overlook the Parque del Retiro (Madrid's "Central Park") and is walking distance from The Prado Museum.



The Lobby at Hospes Madrid Hotel





Alternate View of the Lobby




The Hotel's Library




A few of the different guest rooms









Senzone Restaurant



The "Chill-Out" Patio



Photos courtesy of Hospes Madrid Hotel

9 comments:

Tricia said...

When we went, we stayed in a hotel that was once a castle. I cannot for the life of me remember the name, nor can I remember if it was in Seville or Segovia. But, I loved that each room has a different personality. I won't even say atmosphere, because it was so much more than that.

Have you been to Spain before? I loved it. We spent a little over two weeks there, staying in three different cities with some daytrips out to many more.

Unknown said...

I haven't been before, so I am extremely excited! When did you go, Trish?

Topsy Turvy said...

Love it! I'm going to check out their website. Thanks, Lana

Anonymous said...

I am so jealous! Eric and I have been talking about going to Spain as our next trip, but it just never seems to be the right time. Have fun for me.

mrsplainjane said...

that is a gorgeous hotel!! I love the guest rooms.

cotedetexas said...

too bad you can't stay there this summer!
thanks for the comments, Paloma.

Joni

Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous! I have always dreamed of traveling to Spain, but never have. This hotel looks wonderful.
P.S. I like your new hair-do.

Tricia said...

It has been awhile. We went in 2000. Maybe 2001? If you need suggestions of things to do/places to visit, let me know. Did you also know my mom went to college there, so she lived there for awhile?

Apartment For Rent Madrid said...

Hi all,

The hospes madrid hotel offers a welcoming combination of elegance, architecture, gastronomy and pure revitalization at its spa. This is the most breathtaking and charming boutique hotel to have opened in Madrid. Thank you...